Sunday, December 25, 2022

The Lonely Traveller - Goa.

Me about to get f#cked by Goa.

This is what happens when an online business won't guarantee its product nor support its customer. It's my recent experience travelling to Goa and getting both ripped off by WOTIF and thrown on the streets of India like a mangy dog after robbing me of my money by the hotel, Goroomgo Laxmi Guest House in Anjuna Goa.

WOTIF - Hi, we're willing to help you with your concern. Please allow us some time to check and review the previous conversation with one of our representatives. We will get back to you shortly. ^Ian

ME - The woman manager was extremely rude, there are crowds of people here at Xmas demanding rooms and offering big money. I think she simply dumped me for better money but didnt have the good grace to return mine. Things are always desperate in Goa, greed is tantamount. She told me she had been hacked, that's the excuse. Being ill with a fever it was a terrible experience. The fact I was refused accommodation there should be proof enough.

WOTIF - Thank you for patiently waiting. We have spoke with the property and they mentioned that your reservation is confirmed on their end. They also stated that you denied the room that was offered to you initially and was offered a different room but you rejected as well. The hotel told us that they don't have your phone number so they didn't able to contact you as you leave the property. Our apologies for this inconvenience. May we know why did you deny the room that was offered? ^Iaìn

ME - I didnt deny the room, she is lying! At first she said she had no rooms, all were booked but on Jan 3rd she had a small room I could have for 2 days. I said I had booked and paid for a "deluxe room with city view" from Dec 23 to Jan 3. She then screamed there was no booking for that date and no payment, she screamed it twice then said she or WOTIF had probably been hacked. When I said I had the receipt for the booking and payment she screamed for me to go, to not come in. Why would I refuse after a night of hard travelling, tired and with a fever, longing for the room I'd booked and paid for, twice the price of the smaller rooms, absolutely looking forward to resting in a cool room. She's lying, she offered me nothing, she cruelly shouted for me to go. I had to wander, with my luggage, under a hot sun, all day going from house to house asking for a room, told everything everywhere was booked, finally at sunset on the next beach, again going from house to house, finally I found a room, and tired and ill I grabbed it, fairly expensive, and no receipt, but I was desperate. Why would I put myself through this? What's in it for me? Zilch!What's in it for her? More money from other customers and her keeping my money as well. She actually shrieked, "Dont come in here!" She couldn't care if I died. She didnt even think I'd complain to you, she must've known you wouldn't care. Think about it: why would I refuse any room? She didnt offer me one! Get the money back from her and banish her from your listing!!!

WOTIF - We hate to disappoint any customer, and we imagined the frustration you experienced over this. We do apologize for all the inconvenience it has caused you. We strive to provide the highest level of customer service, and it’s disheartening when one of our vendors does not work to meet that goal as well. Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that it has caused you.

We tried our best to communicate with the property regarding your refund concern, however, they decided to stick with their policy as you denied accepting the room that they are offering. ^Anikca

 We have checked that your reservation is confirmed on our end. Our apologies for what you've experienced for this inconvenience. We assure you that this is not the experience that we want you to have. Please allow us some time to coordinate this with the property directly. We will get back to you with an update. We will appreciate your patience and understanding while we are working on your concern. ^Ian

ME - Of course they're sticking to their lies and you are complicit with this. WOTIF is getting a bad reputation. They didnt offer me a room at the time I arrived, they told me to go. Why wasnt the room I booked and paid for available? When I booked and paid I wasn't told , "Oh, we'll take your money but you wont get the room you paid for" Because they had sold it on. If this is your response to a lying, thieving vendor then your business is complicit. All your apologies are just white-washing your uncaring business practice. I will keep telling this story online and report your response. Like many businesses you refuse to guarantee your product, but dont mind taking the money. As I said, what's in it for me and what's in it for her? You should refund my money and ban that hotel!!! Why dont you believe me the customer? Ok, I will report you to Consumer Affairs and contact TV and radio talk shows to tell of this outrage!!! (I know some insiders who'd love to report this story.) I was ill and she refused me something I paid for and I could've died. And you support her. It's a great story. What makes my blood boil is she screamed at me not to come in, she didn't offer me another room, and you blather on with apologies and refusals, and belief in her lies. Great company WOTIF (NOT)

WOTIF - We understand where you are coming from, and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. As much as we love to assist you with your refund, however, our hands are tight in regard to the policy of the hotel. As a travel agency, Wotif is subject to the rules and restrictions of the vendors whose travel products we sell.  ^Anikca

ME - Its not true what she says!!! I will report this in all the media. She screamed for me to get out. You can squirm your way out of it but I will report all this verbatim. WOTIFs bad reputation will grow.

WOTIF - We understand how you feel right now. As mentioned, we tried our best to communicate with them regarding your refund concern, however, were advised that your reservation is confirmed they offered an alternative room, but you denied accepting the offer and left the property. ^Anikca

ME - Oh, the robot has taken over. I wasnt allowed onto the property!! She offered me nothibg! She screamed for me to "Go!" This provides great reading for all those interested in a travel companies response to a failed booking and obvious robberry.

WOTIF they screw me?